Monday, October 11, 2010

apple pie




Made an apple pie (well, 2, actually) for the Bucktown Apple Pie Contest this past weekend. Plus a practice pie. So I guess that makes 3 pies, phew! They gave me a mug for participating, one of those hefty diner-type ones, I love it. The top picture is my practice pie. I put a lot more apples in the final product, the lower picture. I won't print the recipe, since it is a contest and I will be tinkering with the recipe for next year. I will say however, that there is a ton of good sharp cheddar in the crust. Yum! I made the semifinals, plus both my pies had been devoured by the time I got to their table, so I was pretty pleased overall. It was such a cool event, you can buy a slice of any of the other pies - and eat it with vanilla ice cream! I tried a delicious sheet pie with a gorgeous flower pattern in the crust. Needless to say, I have consumed an obscene amount of pie in the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment