Thursday, September 16, 2010

stripey sweater



I have been liking a lot of the patterns in Vogue Knitting recently, especially this cool oversized stripey sweater. The pattern calls for Bergere de France yarn, which seems to be very difficult to find in the states. So why do they keep doing this in an American magazine? The last sweater I made from Vogue also called for the same yarn. Frustrating. So, rather than try to track down this elusive stuff, I opted to order some lovely Berroco Vintage Chunky from Webs. I think I did a pretty good job of matching the colors, at least I am very happy with how they appear in real life. I just received it in the mail, and it is very soft as well as machine washable. I am excited to knit with it for the first time, we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment