Thursday, August 19, 2010

scallop pasta



I made some pasta with seared scallops last night. I don't really have a recipe, but here's basically what I did:
I cooked some diced bacon (Cedar Valley Sustainable Farm), then drained it on paper towels. After pouring out the bacon fat, I sauteed some diced onion and garlic in a little olive oil and a little butter. Then I added a tiny bit of white wine and chicken broth, reduced it, and added some chopped spinach and the bacon, as well as a little lemon zest. I cooked some thin whole wheat spaghetti in salted water until it was not quite al dente, and added it to the sauce with about a cup of the pasta water. Then while that simmered, I seared the scallops (dried with paper towels and seasoned with salt and pepper) in a very hot cast iron skillet with some butter, just until they browned on each side, flipping once. Then I put the pasta in the bowl with the scallops on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment