Thursday, August 12, 2010

more pinwheel quilt - basting












So, I've finally finished basting the layers together and have started quilting! First I taped the quilt back to the floor, wrong side up, then I put down the batting (Warm and Natural - doesn't it look cozy?) and smoothed it out. Next I lay down the quilt top and pinned the whole thing together. After it was pinned, I basted the three layers together with red thread in a grid pattern across the whole quilt. Phew! I am actually sore from crawling around on the floor for four days. Listening to Cadfael helped, but what I just did is probably my least favorite part of making a quilt. Now I have started to quilt by hand, using black cotton thread, a plastic frame, and 1/4 inch tape to mark out the distance from the seams where I want to sew. This is my favorite part.



No comments:

Post a Comment