Monday, July 19, 2010

horsie dress





Finished the Colette Chantilly dress with the horsie cotton lawn, yay! I did find it somewhat frustrating however, as the size I made was WAY too big, even though the measurements listed for that size matched mine. I had to take it in quite a bit, which was annoying because it is fully lined. I think it would have looked better if I had just made a smaller size to begin with. Next time I try this pattern I think I will go down 2 sizes. Also, I think the lining I used was a little too bulky, will go with the thinnest possible next time. I did find a couple of mistakes in the pattern. First, you need to make sure you leave the seam open for the zipper on the same side for the top and skirt of the dress...the illustration on p. 12 is misleading. Also, Step 2 on p. 6 seems to be superfluous. Other than that, I liked the way the pattern was made into a little book. It was clear to read, well-illustrated, and even had an index in the back. I would definitely try another Colette pattern, keeping in mind the sizing issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment