Sunday, July 11, 2010

dresses

I just finished this little purple silk dress. I originally intended to wear it to a wedding until I found out the bridesmaids were wearing purple. Oops! Opted for red instead. It aint perfect, but it has been a long time since I made a dress (half-assed Halloween costumes aside), so I'm somewhat proud of its completion. Now I want to make more dresses!


Have been eying these gorgeous Colette patterns online for a while, and yesterday I finally picked one; "Chantilly." I couldn't choose between two fabrics at The Needle Shop, so I bought both! The tiny horsey one was a bit cheaper (due to a misprint), so I'll do that one first.





Both are lightweight cotton lawn, perfect for summer. I'd better get sewing before it gets cold again!


No comments:

Post a Comment