Thursday, May 20, 2010

Plans





So, for a while now I've been wanting to start a larger quilt with a kind of pinwheel pattern using black and pastel colored triangles. Now that I finally finished the lap quilt, I am starting to cut about a gazillion small triangles. The second picture shows the fabrics I plan to use. The orange one on the left is by Heather Ross for Kokka, bought at the Needle Shop in Chicago. The three in the middle came from fabricworm's shop on Etsy, so pretty! The black/gray fabric came from Joann's. Lastly, I also bought a yard of this gauzy unicorn print (another Kokka) at the Needle Shop. I love this kind of bright orange and the hand-drawn style of the unicorns. I thought I might make a pillow using this and some wool felt I usually use for hooked rugs. I cut out a unicorn from the white to sew on top of the dark green...We'll see how it turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment