Friday, May 21, 2010

More Sea Creatures













Tuesday was beautiful here in Chicago, and as I happened to be downtown, I walked along the lake to the Shedd Aquarium. I took some (mostly fuzzy) pictures with my phone, but some of them came out surprisingly well. I love the Moray eel's wrinkled old man face. Also, there was a puffer fish with a gorgeous long swishy tail like a rust-colored scarf. The spikey fellow I think was a Crown-of-Thorns starfish. Finally, there were these bright gold Cichlids with huge lumpy protrusions on their heads. I came home and did a quick small watercolor of them with a tiny Windsor and Newton travel set I was given as a gift. I love this little set, it is so portable and I use it a lot. I liked the way the envelopes I had used for blotting and mixing the colors looked, so I threw in a picture of them as well. I think maybe I like the unintentional abstract version of the fish painting a bit better!


No comments:

Post a Comment