Sunday, January 9, 2011

hearty breakfasts





I love breakfast, especially anything with eggs. Here are some nice ones I've enjoyed recently. From the top, the veggie skillet at Cozy Corner (Thanks Allison for turning me on to the wonders of the skillet!), duck confit hash and eggs at Marigold Kitchen in Madison, and baked eggs with oil preserved tomato, cured tuna roe, and creme fraiche at Blue Duck Tavern in DC. Finally, Jon and I love to eat at Lula here in Chicago, where they always have a delicious farmer's market hash with eggs on the brunch menu. It's always different, using whatever veggies are in season. So, anyway, I decided to make my own with what I had on hand: sweet potatoes, onion, brussel sprouts and delicious Cedar Valley bacon. (And, of course, a poached egg!)

1 comment:

  1. So funny - I saw the first photo and recognized that circa 1972 Cozy Corner skillet instantly. Haven't found a suitable substitute here, I'm afraid. Looks like the new year is treating you guys well - gastronomically, at least!

    ReplyDelete